Scheduling Equipment Loans
Equipment loans are for one to three day maximum only. Check with a supervisor for any exceptions.
CMS Video Kits, DSLR Photo Kits, and CMS tripods are only for CMS (communication studies) students taking CMS production classes (See list in equipment closet at the Help Desk).
On the IT Service Request System (SRS) main page https://mynu.niagara.edu/infotech/staff/
- Under “Systems” click on “Equipment Loan”
- Fill out all information (i.e., when they are borrowing the equipment, when they are returning it, their name, e mail, what equipment they are borrowing, any special info in the notes, etc.) Click “submit”
- Go to the equipment calendar to make sure the loan has been scheduled.
When Equipment Goes Out
- Click on the loan item in the Equipment Calendar (L for loans).
- Print out the loan form. You sign the staff line (write legibly please) and they sign the borrower line.
- Write down the Kit number of the equipment going out on the loan form (i.e., Notebook #7)
- Make sure all accessories are with the equipment; (see the tag attached to the case). Write down any extra accessories on the loan form.
- Put the signed loan form in the “Loans Out” file (on the gray file cabinet).
- Click on the item in the Equipment Calendar and write your name in the staff loan box and submit. The loan item will turn green in the calendar.
When Equipment Is Returned
- Pull their loan sheet from the “Loans Out” file (on the gray file cabinet).
- Check the actual equipment against the equipment listed on the loan form.
- Make sure all the accessories came back. (See the tag attached to the case).
- If everything is accounted for, you sign the RETURNED SIGNATURE line on the loan form. The customer may then leave.
If everything is not accounted for, don not sign the returned signature. Ask the customer about it. If the customer can’t account for the missing item(s) notify the supervisor at the Help Desk and document what’s missing.
If everything is accounted for
- Put the form in the “Loans Returned” file.
- Click on the item on the calendar (LR for Loan Returns) and put your name in the staff box and hit submit.
- Put away the equipment and remember to put batteries on charge.